Saturday, August 23, 2014

Yummy Eats: Salmon with Sauteed Spinach & White Beans

Hey Gals and Guys! How is everyone Saturday so far? I love finding healthy food to eat I had some spinach in the fridge that I needed to use ASAP and I knew that I wanted to have white beans as well so I went to good ol' Pinterest and found an easy recipe for sauteed spinach and white beans.  It was an easy to make recipe. 





Ingredients:
  • 4 strips bacon, diced (I used crumbled bacon bits)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 white onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cans Northern white beans, rinsed and drained
  • 4 cups baby spinach leaves, rinsed
  • ¼ cup white wine
  • salt & pepper, to taste
Directions:
  1. Heat a large pan over medium heat and cook diced bacon until crispy for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Remove bacon from pan and place in a small bowl.  Leave bacon grease in the pan.
  2. Add olive oil to the pan and saute diced onion and garlic until soft, approximately 2-3 minutes.  Add beans and spinach.  Cook until spinach is wilted, approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  3. Add white wine to the pan with other ingredients and bring to a boil.  Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
Yield:  4 main dish-sized servings or 8 side dish servings
Recipe adapted from Teenage Taste.
For the salmon I just seasoned it with a little bit of salt, sprayed the pan with extra virgin olive oil and cooked each side for 3-4 minutes on each side.

Served it with the spinach and bean side and some lemon. YUMMO!!


Hope you enjoy this super simple yet delicious recipe.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts, I would love to read them!