Saturday, July 12, 2014

Yummy In My Tummy: Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins!

Hey everyone! this is my first food recipe that I will be sharing.  As you know I have decided to make this a lifestyle blog so I am going to incorporate yummy healthy recipes and some fitness topics. 

I made this yummy recipe yesterday, as a mom I always want my kids to eat their veggies and we all know that sometimes does not work out the way we want and they often turn their nose without even trying.  So as a way to have some veggies in their diet I found this recipe from Fresh Mama I really love Lilias food blog because it has simple, delicious, and easy to make healthy recipes (you must check her out).





Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line muffin tins with liners (a great job for little ones)
2. In a large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, and zucchini.
2. In a different bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full, then sprinkle with 3-4 chocolate chips/muffin.
6. Bake for 22-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Allow to cool on wire rack. Cool completely if freezing. 



Enjoy!

This recipe makes a whopping 24 muffins so it is great if you have a birthday or an event where you have to bring something.  The kids absolutely loved these and they couldn't even tell that they had zucchini in the muffin which a great for me... I think I will incorporate grated zucchini in more baked goods.

I hope you really enjoy this post.

Have a great weekend


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share you thoughts, I would love to read them!